Monday, February 7, 2011

Tweaking Rockbox

Not much to talk about today.  I did manage to get the +/- keys on the side of the zipit to control the volume in the Rockbox "While Playing Screen".  Yay.  Apparently the SDL app code expects to get that info from the scrollwheel and there's no such thing on the zipit.  So I disabled the wheelmouse hacks and voila, volume control.

Unfortunately the +/- keys are oriented wrong way on the zipit so when the volume works correctly the scroll action in the menus is backwards. Needs more work.  I also still need to do some more thinking on where I want to keep the runtime config files.  I got rid of the write permission errors by moving them to /tmp for now, but they really should go either in $HOME or /.rockbox.  Probably the rockbox dir since multiple users are unlikely on a zipit and that keeps it all self-contained.

I think I might try a static uclibc and sdl link soon.  In theory that should allow me do to one build for all the zipit Z2 userlands with an updated kernel, and one build for stock kernel systems like IZ2S.  I did actually try a build for IZ2S, but it just displayed the splash screen and promptly segfaulted.  Maybe I can track that down with strace, once I get the buttons and config file paths all sorted out to my liking.

Meanwhile, here's my patch file thus far and some Makefile and autoconf.h tweaks.  They're not yet up to official rockbox standards, but that can wait until it works a bit better.

rockbox-z2-patch.zip

No comments:

Post a Comment