Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Rockbox in Scratchbox

Well, I finally caved and assembled a system capable of running the scratchbox development VM for IZ2S.  And imagine that, it seems to work.  Sorta kinda.

I like all the goodies in IZ2Se, but I can't get any sound out of it.  Not even with the madplay and mpg123 executables that come with it.  But if I borrow the libSDL from IZ2Se and install it in the older IZ2S 2.05beta along with the scratchbox built rockbox, it makes noise.  Still needs work though.  I need to strip it down and tweak it a bit so it doesn't push the cpu and memory to the limits.  But this'll be really convenient because now I can load up a micro SD for the zipit with a single FAT partition containing IZ2S, rockbox, and a bunch of music.  And I can do that from Windows, Linux, or whatever.  Yay!

rockbox-iz2s.zip
libSDL is in nightsky-iz2s.zip
and
qemacs for IZ2S (everyone wants that, right?)

No comments:

Post a Comment