Monday, January 31, 2011

We have liftoff

Rockbox for the Zipit has sound!

I tweaked the rockbox makefile and the rbpaths.h file a bit to split the difference between a normal sdl application and an embedded build that gets packed all up in the /.rockbox directory.  Then I added just a few lines of code to allow the zipit smily key (aka the ESC key in most of the userlands) to quit  the rockbox app and voila, we have an almost usable port of rockbox to the zipit.


I still need to add some more zipit specific key bindings to the sdl code, especially the two volume keys on the side of the zipit.  I also need to figure out why it complains about the playlist file.  Probably some sort of permissions issue with the way I grafted the /.rockbox directory onto the wejp userland.  But for now I think I'm just gonna sit back, crank up the tunes, and enjoy.

If you're running wejp's userland maybe you can help test it.  rockbox-z2-b8.tgz

2 comments:

  1. How DID you add zipit specific keybindings to sdl? I'm fighting with gmenu2x at the moment and I'm lost.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't add any zipit keybindings to the sdl lib. I added them to the sdl specific key handler code in the apps. For gmenu2x the keymapping is actually done at runtime by the input.conf file. You can compare mine to the default to see what I tweaked. My sources and executable packages are at the Goodie Bag link (top right).

    However, now that you mention it, I suppose I *should* tweak the sdl library code to fix the ALT-GR bug when the sticky ALT key is enabled on IZ2S.

    ReplyDelete