Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Buttons and Links

I think I figured out how the rockbox buttons are supposed to work in the SDL app.  It wants a 3x3 square of buttons that fit on the number pad.  So I filled in the missing buttons on the zipit using the O and P buttons just under the d-pad for the missing top-left and top-right buttons.  The comma and period fill in for the missing bottom-left and bottom-right buttons.  I also mapped the Zipit logo key as the top-left "Main Menu" button and the space bar as the center "Pause/Play" button for good measure.  You can never have too many redundant buttons, especially given that I can't predict how the various zipit userlands will map them.  The mouse scroll buttons turned out to be a red herring, and the volume keys on the side of the zipit work just fine when mapped to the rockbox top-middle and bottom-middle buttons.  So if anyone ever wants to run this with a usb scrolling mouse it should still work now.

Next up I'd like to add a function to toggle the headphones and speakers and hook  it up to the Q button which is nearest to the headphone jack.  That way I can avoid the alsamixer before running rockbox.  Or maybe I'll just add an alsactrl call to the rb startup script.  Hmm.

Anyhow, I made a new build and attempted to static link sdl and uclibc so I could use the same package in any userland with an updated kernel, but it still only works completely in the wejp userland.  On z2sid it runs the gui, but segfaults loading the codecs to play the songs.  So close...

rockbox-z2.tgz

No comments:

Post a Comment