Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Yet Another Calculator?

So it turns out Nano-X and FLTK 1.3 needed some extra lovin to get themselves working together real nice on IZ2S.  It took a while, but I finally got some freetype fonts loaded in the right place with the right config files.  Some small patches enabled kerning and anti-aliasing in nxlib and FLTK.

I also got the X11/rgb.txt color file installed so the Xlib example programs can use colors by name.  Unfortunately there's still some sort of clipping issue to work out when running nano-X -L to rotate the zipit screen to the proper orientation.  Images display fine when the screen is unrotated, but not when rotated.  Gotta fix that if I want to run Dillo on this thing. Anyhow this is what the mbasecalc calculator looks like, running with FLTK widgets on nxlib over nano-X.
It's got hex to decimal conversion (which I really like) and some nice shortcut keys for ease of use on the zipit.  I'm still thinking about tweaking the key bindings a bit though to minimize use of the ALT key.  And the calculator only uses part of the zipit screen, so it has room for more functions if I ever get really motivated.

Here's an FLTK font browser showing the list of fonts currently installed on my IZ2S setup.  Unfortunately there's currently a bug somewhere in either FLTK or nxlib that prevents all but the various sizes and shapes of the "helvetica" sans font family from loading. The good news is that font family looks pretty good, and fills most of  my needs.

I also fixed a few more issues with flwriter that were most likely caused by the jump to FLTK 1.3 from whatever old version it was last compiled with.  It works pretty well if you stick with the one working font family.  The default xhtml files load up just fine in the various browsers available on IZ2S, and the single rtf export file I created loaded up ok in word.  This is what flwriter looks like on the zipit with the anti-aliased fonts.

And here's the upgraded FLTK filebrowser with the shinier gtk+ theme and antialiased freetype fonts.  I'm not quite sure what to think of the microscopic  text in the preview pane.


Not too shabby though...

No comments:

Post a Comment