Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Loose Ends


I managed to build both an IZ2S and a z2lite rockbox 3.9 release over the weekend.  You can find them in the Zipit Z2 goodie bag (link on the right).  I also built a common plugin package that works on both.  Well... Ok, I tested the rockblox plugin on both userlands and it seemed to work.  I'm extrapolating that success onto the rest of the plugins.  Actual mileage may vary.

Meanwhile the new ldraw forum is still active, and so the bug reports keep rolling in.  Maybe it's just that the programs simply need more documentation.  I've wondered for a while now how to best handle lsynth parts in ldglite, and how best to push them through lpub.  Others have apparently been thinking the same thing.  Fortunately I just got a new Windows 7 PC.  Just in time to shake out some of these issues, and to try the new All In One Installer for ldraw.  The result is I've gotta put out a new ldglite release with some updated search path support, in addition to the new color support I did a little while ago.  Also, I think I finally see how to incorporate synthesized parts in lpub.  The result should look something like this.

What worked for me was to break out the synthesized part(s) into separate files and make sure to tag them as part files with this meta-command in the header:

  "0 !LDRAW_ORG Unofficial_Part".  

This technique also works in one big mpd file if you don't want a bunch of separate files.

No comments:

Post a Comment