Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Basically Nothing to See Here

I finally made some progress on the software backlog.  I built the r3.9 rockbox for z2lite, with a complete set of plugins that should hopefully also work on IZ2S.  But I have yet to test it and package it all up.  Oh well.  Maybe this weekend.

Meanwhile, this tiny basic interpreter caught my eye.  Yeah I know, there are plenty of basic interpreters out there, some with the same name even.  SmallBASIC even looks useful with it's FLTK widgets and all, but I have a weakness for shiny things and a colorful screenshot pulled me in.  So I patched it for the zipit keyboard and applied this patch (except for the font doubler).  It seems to work ok with the example files.



SDL_basic-1.0.2-iz2s.zip (executable and source code)

3 comments:

  1. I wanted to try this but it wasn't in the goodie bag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It appears to be there now.

    http://prototypeur.net/goodibag/

    Scroll down to the August 17, 2011 goodies. There's also a different SDL basic which is more powerful (but less interactive) in the Nov, Dec timeframe. And you may also like the picoC interpreter.

    I've had tcc on my todo list for a while...

    ReplyDelete
  3. the link is down again, know any mirrors?

    ReplyDelete