Saturday, May 28, 2011

Rockbox Revisited

Lately the nice folks on the zipit IRC channel have been full of useful rockbox tidbits, so I took a short break from the framebuffer goodies to do some more work on the rockbox goodies.  For the latest, check the Zipit goodie bag link on the right.

For starters, I finally built a t11 build for z2lite with the newer code from March so it matches the latest  IZ2S build.  I also found out on IRC that plugins built for z2lite (eabi) are somehow compatible with iz2s (oabi).  So I updated the plugins to fix some keyboard issues with bubbles and rockblox, and made new plugin packages that apparently run on either userland.  From now on I'll make a separate zip for the plugins.

However dronz on IRC discovered the r20 rockbox builds  from the January rockbox code have better high frequency sound than the t11 builds from the March code.  It'll take some time to track down and fix this so it may be a while before I get back to the vnc and framebuffer stuff.  Feel free to express your disappointment in the comments section.  ;^)

No comments:

Post a Comment