Monday, April 18, 2011

A Little Something for Nothing.

Well almost nothing.

Building all those libs required for netsurf got me thinking, "What else could I build to make use of all that stuff that I might want someday?"  PDF file viewers are occasionally handy, and always quite bloated with the libs.  So I figured maybe I could look twice as geeky, shopping for toys with a handy toy cheatsheet loaded up on the zipit.

I grabbed the sources for the nupdf program used on the nanonote and the dingoo and after a few false starts settled on the mupdf-0.5 lib to go with it.  Neither had a workable makefile for the zipit, so there was a little work involved to get them compiled, but nothing too difficult.  Now I still need to add a zipit keymap patch and move the nupdf config files to someplace sane, but it works ok for testing already.  Here it is showing off the super secret toy barcode decoder cheetsheet in glorious 320x240 resolution.


And here is a static build of nupdf for IZ2S.


I suppose you could also use it for more serious stuff...


UPDATE:  I patched nupdf for the zipit keyboard and IZ2S filesystem and fixed the zip file above.  The nupdf source code changes and my makefile for the mupdf-0.5 libs are here.


No comments:

Post a Comment