Sunday, October 12, 2014

Flappy Bee

The crummy "working title" from last week's post (that I ended up keeping for lack of a better idea) reminded me that about a month ago I'd started an iz2s build of hocoslamfy (aka. "flappy bee") for the zipit, but forgot to finish it for some reason or other.


So I decided to complete the build and give a try.  Back in a previous life, at a different job, I was the Christmas week Joust champion for several years running.  However my reflexes are not what they once were, so I have yet to make it past bamboo shoot number 3 with the flappy bee.  But I will.  Someday.

Unzip it onto the root of the uz2s SD card and see if you can beat me.

hocoslamfy-iz2s.zip

Update:  

WooHoo!  I made it to 12!  Really, I swear it's true.  See...

Unfortunately I also discovered it saves the high score file on the ramdisk instead of the SD card, so this too will pass -- the instant I reboot the zipit.  I'll have to fix the code and recompile when I get a chance.

Update2:

Actually I might not have to fix the code after all.  Apparently hocoslamfy, irssi, and other programs that I don't remember right now get the location of the home directory from the passwd file instead of the environment.  Currently the /mnt/sd0/etc/passwd file uses the default settings from the stock kernel ramdisk, which sets the home directory to /.  Editing that file and changing the / to /mnt/sd0/home makes the programs save their data and config files in the right place.  I'll fix that permanently for the next uz2s beta.


No comments:

Post a Comment